Who Can Join Mothering On Our Own?
Mothering On Our Own creates a supportive community for single mothers raising children under 6 on their own and who reside in Oak Park, River Forest and Forest Park, Illinois.
What Does Mothering On Our Own Offer?
- Each Tuesday night from 6:00 – 8:00 P.M., single moms and their children come together to share a meal and share their common concerns about single parenting. Examples of weekly topics may include:
- child discipline issues
- sleep and nutrition concerns
- family relationships
- what’s ahead for me
- During the discussion, children are cared for in developmentally appropriate classrooms.
- Each mom receives a minimum of two monthly home visits.
- One visit focuses on the development of her child through the Parents As Teachers model.
- One visit focuses on the individualized goals of the mother.
- Transportation to and from the meetings is provided at no cost to the client.
For more information contact Gail Shelton, Program Director at 708.848.2227.
*Due to funding, this program is offered to Oak Park, River Forest, and Forest Park residents only.